Announcements & News
August 25, 9 am-Noon
As many events have been canceled, the City of Prior Lake decided to adapt the traditional Night to Unite into a Day to Unite event. It is important to honor the tradition of celebrating and strengthening partnerships with the community and public safety agencies in the area.
This modified version, Day to Unite Scavenger Hunt, will take place Tuesday, August 25th from 9 am – noon. See the clues below for our 8 locations where you will find staff from Police, Fire, Public Works and Recreation Departments. Download the tracking sheet HERE or pick up a sheet at any of the locations to track your journey, if you collect all 8 stickers, you can enter our drawing for a Local Restaurant gift card pack valued at $200+
We will be collecting items for Southern Valley Alliance
at all locations, click
here for a list of high priority donation needs.
· Men and women dressed in gear, here to help in times of fear. After the flames slowed, their trucks return to Fish Point Road.
· Lights, sirens and flairs, oh my! Wilds they call it, stop on by.
· When the snowstorm hits, may we mention, this building is the center of attention. Our equipment will really plow you over, come look closer!
· Orders called out by the Chief to the crew, come meet them at FS2.
· Go to Itasca where your water is treated, then sent to your homes where sometimes its heated.
· Roses are red, squads are blue, can you figure out this next clue? Drive a smidge on Stemmer Ridge, but donut forget to take a break at Howard Lake.
· A Park named after a fruit, so sweet, can be found on Lords Street.
· This park soars above the rest, so zip on over and see what’s happening. You’ll get an eagle eye view from the top of the climbing wall.
If you have any questions, please call 952-447-9855.
Register for the FREE Chalk Fest Amateur Art Contest
• Individual 13+
• Group (up to 4 people)
Register for your piece of asphalt today! Free to participate.
Find the contest rules here.
Status of City Athletic Fields and Beaches
All fields are open, to groups of 25 or less, with reservations being taken at 952-447-9822.
All beaches are open for the season, please use social distancing and take any garbage you bring to the park, home with you. Park restrooms will remain closed.
Shelters and Pavilion Information
Park Facility Reservations are accepted online or in person at Prior Lake City Hall only. Reservations are no longer accepted over the phone. Below are current facility reservation modifications:
1. Renter is responsible for limiting indoor capacity at the Lakefront Pavilion to 15 people at one time (25% capacity for the building).
2. Renter is responsible for limiting outdoor event gathering to 25 people at one time.
3. Renter is responsible for removing all garbage, caused by their event, from the park and dispose of trash at their home.
4. Renter is responsible for encouraging social distancing at their event.
5. Other than the restrooms at the Lakefront Pavilion during rentals, running water restrooms will not be available in 2020. Portable toilets, without hand sanitizer, are onsite for park users. You must bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. The City of Prior Lake is not sanitizing outdoor tables or benches at this time.
The City is dedicated to providing opportunities for everyone to be a valued costumer and welcomed participant in programs, regardless of ability. Reasonable accommodations can be made, as needed, which will give the same choices and opportunities that the other resident have in our programs. If inclusion services are needed, please indicate in your account and in program notes when registering. Also contact Angie Barstad at 952-447-9822 three weeks prior to the start of the program to discuss strategies for inclusion.