Announcements & News
Let's Go Bring Back SUMMER!
The Recreation Department has been hard at work assembling summer program options for you to fill your July and August calendars. Click Register above to see your new summer youth program offerings. ⚾️⚽️🏒🎨🖌🖍💻
Shelters and Pavilion Open July 1
On Monday, June 15 at 9 a.m., the City of Prior Lake Recreation Department will resume accepting reservations and honor all existing shelter and Lakefront Pavilion reservations for dates beginning July 1, with the following modifications:
1. Renter is responsible for limiting indoor capacity at the Lakefront Pavilion to 15 people at one time (25% capacity for the building).
2. Renter is responsible for limiting outdoor event gathering to 25 people at one time.
3. Renter is responsible for removing all garbage, caused by their event, from the park and dispose of trash at their home.
4. Renter is responsible for encouraging social distancing at their event.
5. Other than the restrooms at the Lakefront Pavilion during rentals, running water restrooms will not be available in 2020. Portable toilets, without hand sanitizer, are onsite for park users. You must bring your own hand sanitizer.
6. The City of Prior Lake is not sanitizing outdoor tables or benches at this time.
Status of City Athletic Fields and Beaches
All fields are open, to groups of 25 or less, with reservations being taken at 952-447-9822.
All beaches are open for the season, please use social distancing and take any garbage you bring to the park, home with you. Park restrooms will remain closed.
2020 Boat Slip Rentals
Register for the FREE Chalk Fest Amateur Art Contest
Compete against other artists in the area and see if your chalk creation wins at Chalk Fest 2020 downtown Prior Lake! Judges from area businesses will decide the best of the best in 3 categories to win fun prizes and the title of "Best Chalk Artist/s 2020"!
• Individual 12 and Under
• Individual 13+
• Group (up to 4 people)
Register for your piece of asphalt today! Free to participate.
Find the contest rules here.
The City is dedicated to providing opportunities for everyone to be a valued costumer and welcomed participant in programs, regardless of ability. Reasonable accommodations can be made, as needed, which will give the same choices and opportunities that the other resident have in our programs. If inclusion services are needed, please indicate in your account and in program notes when registering. Also contact Angie Barstad at 952-447-9822 three weeks prior to the start of the program to discuss strategies for inclusion.